Joachim "kidnappé" (interview en anglais)

Joachim Garraud, lives et DJ performances

Modérateur :Space_Moderators

Répondre
kuta
Master Of The Universe
Master Of The Universe
Joachim "kidnappé" (interview en anglais)

Message par kuta » 03 août 2009, 10:03

Hello,

En cherchant une soirée pour ce weekend, je suis tombé sur une interview récente (27 juillet) et assez sympa de Joachim pour le site hkclubbing.com.

En plus de vous la faire partager, je voulais demander à Joachim de nous en dire plus sur le passage en rouge car je trouve ça complètement dingue comme anecdote :lol:

You are a bit of a superstar in your native France, for those who aren’t so familiar with your work in the rest of the world, describe your sound?

My sound comes from the future!! Seriously, my sound is 100% dancefloor friendly! I'm trying to produce and play tracks that make people dance, this is my first priority! If at the same time I can add a positive vibe to make people happy this is a good thing. So let's say a positive Electro Techno sound.

You have just compiled a Toolroom Knights album – how did that come about?

I'm so happy and so proud to be the first French producer DJ to have this kind of opportunity. Toolroom is the best label in the UK and may be the best in the world at the moment! Mark Knight and George who look after the albums are so professional regarding every release. That was one of my dreams to collaborate with Toolroom Records, so choosing the tracks, producing exclusive tracks and mixing the main compilation for them was an amazing experience. I'm so proud to present a DJ mix that considers tunes, harmonies, keys and BPM at the same time. I'm so excited and can't wait till its out.

You have written 2 original tracks for the compilation and one remix– tell us more…

The idea was to produce some exclusive content for this project; I had some ideas and some tracks in my "work in progress area". I'm lucky to play as a DJ almost every night at a different territory, so I've chosen my best new productions, with the best dancefloor reactions to include in the Toolroom Knights album. So, 2 new tracks are 100% exclusive: ‘No Techno In This Room Please’ and ‘Miami is BS’. To add to the exclusive content, I've added 3 new remixes: "BBE ‘Seven Days and One Week’ (one of my favourite remix ever), Steve Aoki ‘Deadmeat’ and Paganini Traxx ‘Zoe’, released here for the first time.

You’ve reworked 2 legendary tracks ‘ BBE’s – Seven Days And 1 week’ and Paganini Trax ‘Zoe’ – were you nervous about people’s reactions to these reworks?

For sure, as a remixer I’m sometimes not comfortable with the idea of remixing legends tracks like BBE or Paganini! Theses original tracks are so big, it’s not so easy to do a better remix than the original. I think my remixes are so different from the originals, but keep the main feeling without loosing the spirit of the track.

What are your fave tracks on there?

It’s like asking a mother who are her favourite kids! It’s hard. I love all the tracks; I've chosen each track one by one and love all of them.

You have a very impressive history in electronic music – what have been your highlights?

I hope my highlight will be with the release of the compilation! Working with David Guetta and co-writing and co producing tracks is very cool. Doing a remix for David Bowie or Deep Dish was really exciting. Playing in front of 1.5 million clubbers in the street of Berlin for the Love Parade was also amazing. My life has been a big highlight, I'm very lucky.

And your lowlights?

Playing at the wrong party in Russia! I followed the wrong guy at the airport, and I had a lot of fun in the club until I had a phone call from the promoter who was looking for me! I'd been kidnapped by another promoter and had played the wrong party!

What’s the best club you have played in?

This is not a club, but an open air dome in the middle of the desert in Nevada USA. I'm going to the Burning Man Festival every year now; this is my favourite gig ever. 57,000 people are mad for 7 nights and 7 days non stop! Everybody is dressed like hell, nobody wears regular clothes! The audience is wicked, people are completely nuts ... I love this place.

Who would you like to remix your work?

Prodigy, Underworld, or the Chemical Brothers

As an artist you are extremely diverse, do you think that hinders you as a DJ or enhances it?

I think this is a huge opportunity if as a DJ you look to make people dance; I can play more Techno, more Electro or taking my Keytar to do more of a show to keep the audience on the dancefloor!

Have you ever had to take a massive risk musically?

During the Love Parade in Berlin, I started my gig by playing the theme "Meet Her At Love Parade" by using my Keytar live! The bad thing was, I didn't have time to repeat and learn the notes! So 2 minutes before starting the show, I had to learn the theme, note by note. But luckily I did it, but trying something new in front of 1,5 million people without any rehearsal is something pretty stupid I suppose!

Who has been the best person you have worked with?

I can’t drop names, so many are so cool and for different reasons! From Basement Jaxx to Mister Loiseau, from Kylie Minogue to David Guetta… I’ve had so much pleasure collaborating with these artists.

And the most difficult?

Again, I can’t drop names, so many are so hard and for different reasons! From Basement Jaxx to Mister Loiseau, from Kylie Minogue to David Guetta… I’ve had so much difficulty collaborating! Lol!

What track do you wish you had written?

Blue Monday from New Order. I love this track, I love the production, and I love the sound! Or in another style ‘Song for a Guy’ - Elton John.

What’s the craziest thing that has ever happened to you at a gig?

Maybe when some people started making love on stage! Seriously, you have to come to Burning Man to see this kind of things!

What’s your all top 5?

Daft Punk - Rolling and Scratching
Kraftwerk - Radioactivity
Underworld - Rez
Craig Armstrong - Weather Storm
Cliff Martinez - Is That What Everybody Wants
Prodigy - Smack my Bitch up
Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

Oh wait, that’s 7!

What gigs are you looking forward to
?

Let's go on the Moon now! Maybe a gig in a Spaceship could be something cool! Check out my dates on http://www.myspace.com/joachimgarraud" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Moiyaimebien
Space Conquerator
Space Conquerator

Re: Joachim "kidnappé"

Message par Moiyaimebien » 03 août 2009, 10:10

Pas facile en anglais mais on s'en sort quand même :wink:
Plus qu'à attendre la réponse de Joachim...
[i][b]We are back ![/b][/i]
kuta
Master Of The Universe
Master Of The Universe

Message par kuta » 03 août 2009, 10:16

Moiyaimebien a écrit :Pas facile en anglais mais on s'en sort quand même :wink:
Petite traduction approximative, histoire que tout le monde comprenne :

Joachim, Quel est ton plus mauvais souvenir de soirée ?

Jouer à la mauvaise soirée en Russie. J'ai suivi la mauvaise personne à l'aéroport et je m'éclatais jusqu'au moment où j'ai reçu un coup de téléphone de l'organisateur qui me cherchait ! J'ai été kidnappé par un autre organisateur et j'ai joué à la mauvaise soirée !
david.s
Space Invader
Space Invader

Message par david.s » 03 août 2009, 11:23

:shock:
Mais qu'est-ce que c'est que cette histoire ? :lol:
En tout cas elle commence bien :mrgreen:
[url=http://twitter.com/#!/davidsgy][i]twitter[/i][/url]
[url=http://www.facebook.com/davidsgy][i]facebook[/i][/url]
[url=viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40350][color=#FF8000][i]Les interviews de Joachim[/i][/color][/url] [color=#FF8000]-[/color] [url=viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33806][color=#FF8000][i]Space Premium Zone[/i][/color][/url] [color=#FF8000]-[/color] [url=viewtopic.php?f=25&t=33805][color=#FF8000][i]DVD invasion 2011[/i][/color][/url]
kuta
Master Of The Universe
Master Of The Universe

Re: Joachim "kidnappé" (interview en anglais)

Message par kuta » 05 août 2009, 12:38

Alors personne n'en sait plus ?

Car je trouve quand même cette histoire très drôle et étonnante !
joachim.garraud
Admin Forum
Admin Forum

Message par joachim.garraud » 05 août 2009, 12:42

C'est malheureusement courant ! Tu arrives dans un pays étranger, tu es seul à l'aéroport, un homme se pointe vers toi avec une pancarte à ton nom, naturellement, tu le suis. il te mets dans un super hotel, tu dines, il vient te chercher, t'emmène par derrière le club, tu entres directement dans la cabine DJ, le club est plein, tu fais ton set ! tout se passe bien, il te ramène à l'hotel et tu vois en consultant tes mails que tu n'as pas joué dans la bonne soirée ! Du coup, le vrai promoteur qui est venu te chercher quelques minutes en retard à l'aéroport te recherche pour te couper les mains !!
De mémoire, c'est arrivé à Laurent Garnier ou Vitalic !!!
Joachim Garraud
djfameus
Super Space Invader
Super Space Invader

Message par djfameus » 05 août 2009, 12:45

joachim.garraud a écrit :C'est malheureusement courant ! Tu arrives dans un pays étranger, tu es seul à l'aéroport, un homme se pointe vers toi avec une pancarte à ton nom, naturellement, tu le suis. il te mets dans un super hotel, tu dines, il vient te chercher, t'emmène par derrière le club, tu entres directement dans la cabine DJ, le club est plein, tu fais ton set ! tout se passe bien, il te ramène à l'hotel et tu vois en consultant tes mails que tu n'as pas joué dans la bonne soirée ! Du coup, le vrai promoteur qui est venu te chercher quelques minutes en retard à l'aéroport te recherche pour te couper les mains !!

OMG :shock: :shock: :shock:
TSC
Master Of The Universe
Master Of The Universe

Message par TSC » 05 août 2009, 12:49

joachim.garraud a écrit :C'est malheureusement courant ! Tu arrives dans un pays étranger, tu es seul à l'aéroport, un homme se pointe vers toi avec une pancarte à ton nom, naturellement, tu le suis. il te mets dans un super hotel, tu dines, il vient te chercher, t'emmène par derrière le club, tu entres directement dans la cabine DJ, le club est plein, tu fais ton set ! tout se passe bien, il te ramène à l'hotel et tu vois en consultant tes mails que tu n'as pas joué dans la bonne soirée ! Du coup, le vrai promoteur qui est venu te chercher quelques minutes en retard à l'aéroport te recherche pour te couper les mains !!
Heuresement que tu t'es enfuis en UFO parce que le russe il blague pas !
TSC | Matricule 5409
[quote="Dr. Socio"]les flooders d'hier deviennent les suceurs de demain[/quote]

Vous aussi aimez la techno !
Shahin
Super Space Invader
Super Space Invader

Message par Shahin » 05 août 2009, 12:52

Eh ben ... :lol:
Histoire de fou quand même..

C'est sûr que quand a tout l'air parfait, que le mec a une pancarte pour venir te chercher, hôtel, tu manges tranquillement, tu va dans le faux club en question ... Ça paraît normal, au début ! :P
[url=http://soundcloud.com/itshahin]Sur le cloud ![/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/itshahin]Follow me on Twitter ![/url]
kuta
Master Of The Universe
Master Of The Universe

Message par kuta » 05 août 2009, 12:55

Il faut vraiment avoir un culot monstre :lol:

Mais au delà du caractère comique de l'anecdote (et encore quand on est pas concerné), quelles sont les suites de ce genre d'histoire ?
Car ça ne doit pas être très dur de trouver le coupable (ou au moins le club qui l'emploie) et le manque à gagner est énorme pour le promoteur qui est victime de l'arnaque.
Et je ne parle même pas de la mauvaise réputation que cela fait à la fois au promoteur et à l'artiste (public qui a payé pour le voir en vain).
Xtazy86
Space Conquerator
Space Conquerator

Message par Xtazy86 » 05 août 2009, 13:51

cette histoire de fou !! :shock:

Ne retourne pas de suite en Russie, on sait jamais ! :lol:
bryan-invader
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par bryan-invader » 05 août 2009, 18:52

Ba didonc certains sont prêts à vraiment tout, en même temps il est facile de tomber dans un tel piège à des miliers de kms de chez soi.
Et pour le promoteur de départ, le vrai ça se passe comment pour combler le manque ?
[url=http://www.invasion2011.com][img]http://www.joachimgarraud.com/images/si ... n2011.jpeg[/img][/url]
Follow me on Twitter: @BryanLevava
david.s
Space Invader
Space Invader

Message par david.s » 05 août 2009, 19:18

Dépôt de plainte contre le promoteur malhonnête...
Il doit payer le manque à gagner du vrai promoteur, et dédommager ce dernier et Joachim pour la mauvaise pub... normalement :|

Comment s'est fini cette histoire ?
[url=viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40350][color=#FF8000][i]Les interviews de Joachim[/i][/color][/url] [color=#FF8000]-[/color] [url=viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33806][color=#FF8000][i]Space Premium Zone[/i][/color][/url] [color=#FF8000]-[/color] [url=viewtopic.php?f=25&t=33805][color=#FF8000][i]DVD invasion 2011[/i][/color][/url]
elix1r
Space Conquerator
Space Conquerator

Message par elix1r » 06 août 2009, 19:16

Sauf que l'histoire s'est passée en Russie, je sais pas si ça marche de la même façon chez eux...
[url=http://twitter.com/GTHRJV]@GTHRJV[/url]

---
22/07/07 @ Indigo, Collioure
15/07/08 @ Indigo, Collioure
10/08/08 @ Invasion, Céret
13/08/08 @ Invasion, Cap d'Agde
david.s
Space Invader
Space Invader

Message par david.s » 06 août 2009, 19:19

elix1r a écrit :Sauf que l'histoire s'est passée en Russie, je sais pas si ça marche de la même façon chez eux...
D'ou le "normalement" :wink:

Alors ? on veut savoir ! :D
Anabel
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par Anabel » 06 août 2009, 23:16

C'est déjà une vieille histoire! Je crois que Joachim ne risque plus rien! (C'était en 94 ou 93...à cette époque internet n'avait pas la même puissance qu'aujourd'hui ou une telle chose arriverait je pense plus difficilement!)
Les suites? Joachim est rentré vite fait en France et il n'a jamais eu de nouvelles d'aucun des deux promoteurs qui ont dû s'arranger entre eux à la sauce locale. :lol:
Et puis après tout, le vrai mec n'avait qu'à être à l'heure à l'aéroport, il n'aurait pas pu se faire doubler comme un bleu. :)
Anabel
Charly DKN
Space Invader
Space Invader

Message par Charly DKN » 06 août 2009, 23:25

C'est assez incroyable quand même d'en arriver jusque là...
Le faux promoteur sait en plus qu'il va se faire choper ... C'est tout risquer pour passer une soirée excellente avec un super dj, et en prenant en cause les conséquences.
C'est assez peu réfléchi tout de même !
---
Site internet : http://difymusic.com/charlydkn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Facebook : http://www.fb.com/charlydkn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram : http://www.instagram.com/charlydkn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YouTube : http://www.youtube.com/user/charlydknofficiel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SoundCloud : http://www.soundcloud.com/charlydkn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jeremy.34
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par Jeremy.34 » 06 août 2009, 23:36

Assez folle comme histoire ouais, kuta a déterré une sacrée anecdote là ! La montée d'adrénaline que tu dois avoir dès que tu te rends compte de la supercherie et qu'il faut que tu rentres chez toi en sécurité :o !
Répondre